Sandi Carroll is an actor, educator, director, and producer. As an actor, she has appeared on Broadway in Irena’s Vow, and in films including Rabbit Hole (starring Nicole Kidman), The Adjustment Bureau (w/ Matt Damon), Steven Wright’s One Soldier (Independent Film Channel), Brad Anderson’s The Darien Gap (IFP, Sundance) and Next Stop Wonderland (Miramax, Sundance). Sandi has also written, performed and produced many of her own shows including Faux: An Auto-Spy-Ography, which is based on her experiences as an undercover private investigator in Chinatown. Sandi is co-founder of and performer in the comedy group Logic Limited, LTD., where she has created and performed Famous!, Schaden, Freude, & You: A Self-Help Seminar, TiVo La Resistance!, Philip & Karen’s Wedding Party, and most recently, Mission: Implausible! She also produced the tours of TiVo in NYC, England, and on both coasts. As the Artistic Director of the Mud/Bone Collective she created, performed and produced many productions including Impossible Country, a multi-media exploration of life as a refugee in NYC based on interviews with refugees from Iraq, Rwanda, Pakistan, Egypt and Russia.
As an educator she has taught acting at NYU, Emerson College, and University of Virginia, clown at Brown University, as well as movement for The Shakespeare Lab at The Public Theater. Currently, she is at Penn State as a research fellow at the Arts & Design Research Incubator where she investigates the impact of the ‘Discipline of Play’ on a range of health and human development issues. Sandi also served as the Education Manager at The Public, producing the Shakespeare Lab (a professional actor-training program), Shakespeare in the Boroughs (an educational outreach initiative including a city-wide tour), and producing and moderating over 50 onstage discussions with artists including Tim Robbins, Sam Rockwell, Phil Hoffman, Suzan-Lori Parks and Kurt Vonnegut among others. Sandi is former member of The Moth Advisory Committee. She also worked as a teaching artist with Theatre for A New Audience and Theatre Development Fund. Boston University (BFA), University of Virginia (MFA).
- Mission: Implausible! has its New York Premiere at the New York Clown Theatre Festival!
- Mission: Implausible! is presented by the ADRI at Penn State!
- Mission: Implausible! is presented by Single Carrot Theatre!
- Mission: Implausible! has its Baltimore premiere at Theater Project Baltimore and the Baltimore Sun calls “Secret Agent Karen a comic force!”
- Sandi took Mission: Implausible! and her “Art of Play” workshop to Pittsburgh’s CREATE 2015 Arts & Technology Festival in June. Read about the show here: C-ville Weekly
- Listen/Watch: Sandi’s true story, “I Was a Spy in Chinatown!” as told at The Moth.
- Philip & Karen’s Wedding Party premiered in NYC on August 22nd, and everyone got married!
- Other Desert Cities opened at the Virginia Repertory Theater on April 24, 2014.
- Friend, follow, poke:
WHAT THE CRITICS SAY
“With a deadpan wit and that eye-catching outfit, Secret Agent Karen is a comic force.” –The Baltimore Sun
“[Sandi’s] one-woman show could possibly save the world…” –Cville Weekly
“Sandi Carroll has a heart-wrenching cameo as the gentile wife of a Jewish refugee [in Irena’s Vow].” –Backstage
“Sandi Carroll is wonderful in a small role played memorably and beautifully.” –Extracriticum
“Sandi Carroll (Hecuba)…keeps it simple and trusts the text, which in turn rewards her with credibility—no small thing in the heightened world of Greek tragedy.” –Village Voice
“Sandi Carroll is ruthless and commanding with her grief as Hecuba.“ –offoffonline.com
“Carroll strikes the perfect balance of optimism, intimidation, and despair [in Count Down].” –offoffonline.com
“Carroll [is] a terrific actress whom I peg for future stardom.” –Austin Chronicle